Sacramento Business Journal: Airport Hotel, Lincoln Solar Panels, Downtown Macy s, Organic Coup #business #plan #model
#sacramento business journal
Sacramento Business Journal: Airport Hotel, Lincoln Solar Panels, Downtown Macy’s, Organic Coup
An artist’s rendering depicting a Hyatt Place hotel proposed for Sacramento International Airport. It could be open in 2018.
It looks like there are more delays in the effort to build a new hotel at Sacramento International Airport. The developer says he needs additional time to start work because of a shortage of sub-contractors. Sonya Sorich with the Sacramento Business Journal says the project has been in-the-works for a long time.
“A Los Angeles-based developer has been working for four years to bring this hotel to the airport, which would have the Hyatt Place brand,” says Sorich. “But the county has been seeking a hotel at the airport for more than a decade. Now if you remember, the previous host airport hotel was demolished when officials decided to expand the new terminal and the parking garage at the airport.”
The earliest estimate for when construction on the project could begin is now fall of 2018.
Sonya also tells us about: the Lincoln City Council’s vote this week to ban any new large solar arrays through the end of next May; and changes to the Macy’s in downtown Sacramento.
Online Course: Chemistry 101 – Learn the Fundamentals #online #college #chemistry, #online #course #class #video #tutorial #hd #training #certification #continuing #education #accredited #ceu #certificate #chemistry #science #teachers #math #homeschooling #homeschool #unit #lesson #students #high #school #gases #solutions #acids #bases #organic #oxidation-reduction #reactions #atomic #structure #chemical #bonding #elements #energy #origins #electrochemistry #conding #matter #biology #nanotechnology #electromagnetic #radiation #photochemistry #analytical #physical #learning #distance #theoretical #dead #material #chemists #natural #cells #solid-state #polymer #phytochemistry #surface #vitalism #101 #update #expert #instruction #make #money #teaching #guide #help #tutor #knowledge
Online Class: Chemistry 101
At a minimum, a basic understanding of chemistry is needed for it offers a foundation for comprehending the inner workings of biology (how cells function and the behavior of organisms), as well as, the ecological relationships that exist between organisms and their environment.
In short, chemistry offers us a way of understanding the world in which we live.
Chemistry provides us with insights into how our bodies function; the ingredients that are contained within the foods we eat; the reason cars, planes and trains are able to run as efficiently as they do; the manner in which computers are built and operate; and the materials used to construct our homes and buildings within our communities.
Basically, chemistry is a part of almost everything we do for everything is comprised of chemical compounds. The claim that chemistry is everywhere is, thus, entirely accurate.
Chemistry encompasses a multitude of specialized sub-disciplines which have proven highly useful to chemistry as they have provided for the following: the production and testing of stronger materials, creation of pharmaceuticals to treat disease, and the study of life processes.
Lesson 1. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
The ordination of who was the true “father” of modern chemistry is a disputed point.
Lesson 2. Chemical Foundations
In chemistry the accepted measurement system for mass (m) or volume (v) is the metric system, also known as the System International (SI) system.
Lesson 3. Stoichiometry
Stoichiometry is the field of chemistry used to determine the quantities both for the required reactants of a chemical reaction and the predicted product of said reactions.
Lesson 4. Types of Chemical Reactions and Solution Stoichiometry
Most chemical reactions require a catalyst, a certain condition external to the reactants themselves that facilitates or causes the molecules to react with one another.
Lesson 5. Gases
Matter in gaseous form does not have an absolute density. In order to determine the density of any volume of gas, we must first determine the pressure under which the gas is being held.
Lesson 6. Thermochemistry
There are two types of energy, potential (the amount of energy possible given a certain circumstance) and kinetic (the amount of energy being expended).
Lesson 7. Atomic Structure and Periodicity
Electromagnetic radiation refers to the wavelengths on which energy travels through the Universe.
Lesson 8. Bonding. General Concepts
Hydrogen bonds are the bonds established between hydrogen and elements with a high level of electronegativity.
Lesson 9. Valence Bond Theory
Atoms form a bond when both of these two conditions occur 1) There is an “orbital overlap” between two atoms and 2) only two electrons, both of opposite spin, are present in the overlap.
Lesson 10. Properties and Solutions
Solutions are a combination of solutes and solvents, which are not necessarily composed of the same forms of matter.
Lesson 11. Chemical Kinetics
Chemical kinetics is concerned with the rates of chemical reactions.
Lesson 12. Chemical Equilibrium
The first thing to understand about equilibrium in chemistry is that it is a dynamic state.
Lesson 13. Spontaneity, Entropy, and Free Energy
Spontaneous processes occur without outside intervention. Some of these occur very quickly, such as combustion, whereas others like the formation of diamonds occur very slowly over millions if not billions of years.
Lesson 14. The Nucleus, A Chemist’s View
The nucleus of an atom is not always stable.
Lesson 15. Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry
Many transition metals commonly form more than one form of oxidized compound depending on the conditions of formation.
Lesson 16. Organic Chemistry
Organic chemistry is the study of carbon based chemistry in the realm of living things.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Chemistry 101
Course Number: 8900109
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define atoms, molecules, and ions.
- Describe chemical foundations and stoichiometry.
- Identify gases and thermochemistry.
- Describe atomic structure and periodicity.
- Describe bonding and the Valence Bond Theory.
- Know properties and solutions.
- Describe chemical equilibrium.
- Know spontaneity, entropy, and free energy.
- Know the nucleus, a chemist’s view.
- Know transition metals and coordination chemistry.
- Know organic chemistry, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- “I am satisfied with the course I want to continue on.” — Viera V.
- “She was prompt with all grading and any questions I had. It was a 101 course and offered a well rounded experience. It gave me more background on how I was using chem. in my wastewater, water operations.” — Tim M.
- “The instructor was very helpful and available. She is very knowledgeable. This was an EXCELLENT course.” — Donna N.
#bakery business plan
Orti’s Organic Bakery is built around the belief that eating a healthy, organic breakfast can have a significant impact on a person’s health and attitude, as well as the environment. Orti’s also believes that customers can have great tasting organic baked goods if the right attention is paid to sourcing, recipes, and consistency.
Orti’s Organic Bakery will launch a first location at Union Station in, in Wilder, to serve commuters and build a local brand which can be leveraged into additional locations in the coming years. Orti’s will build a following through advertising, referral marketing, and a loyalty program.
This marketing plan will allow Orti Franklin, the owner, to focus his marketing efforts by taking the long view, and looking for results on a daily and weekly basis to see that the chosen tactics are successful.
Get practical ideas and good models with dozens of examples of successful
marketing plans with Sales and Marketing Pro.
- Devote at least 40 hours per month specifically to marketing
- Obtain at least one speaking engagement per month related to organic food and living
- Set up operations so that it is possible to take two weeks vacation in second year of operation
- Achieve total annual revenue of over $300,000 in year 2
- Achieve an average monthly transactions per customer of 6 by end of year 4
- Achieve average monthly spend per customer of $36 by end of year 3
- Raise funding to expand or franchise in the fourth year of operation after the concept and brand has been proven
- Achieve 99.5% customer satisfaction (199 in 200 customers leaves satisfied)
- Achieve 15% market of Union Station breakfast customers by end of year 3
- Reach 5,000 e-newsletter subscribers by end of year 3
- Achieve Orti’s Organic Bakery club membership of 3,500 by end of year 3
- Have 15 business referral partners by end of year 3
Orti’s Organic Bakery’s marketing plan is designed to document the path the business plans to take to work towards its ultimate goal of becoming a serious player in the Wilder area organic movement and to make a difference in the community by being a vocal proponent of organic eating and living. We truly believe that organic food is not a gimmick – it is a path to a healthier and more sustainable life. We also believe that customers need not give up good taste in order to eat healthily, as the right recipes can bring the two together.
If Orti’s Organic Bakery achieves its mission, the path will be paved for the business to open locations throughout the Wilder area. Not just organic devotees, but Wilder locals in general will come to know Orti’s Organic Bakery is synonymous with great tasting baked goods. In this future, the organic living market will grow and be a market force to be reckoned with and no longer a niche. Orti’s products will appeal to this organic living market as well as anyone seeking high quality baked goods.
Customer will seek out an Orti’s Organic Bakery location and find comfort in the consistent service and taste, and the transparency with which the business describes its ingredients and their sources. The customer won’t mind waiting a few minutes in line in order to purchase, and will enjoy sitting with a paper at the counter to enjoy their fresh scone, croissant, or bagel.
1.4 Gap Dashboard
The Gap Dashboard will be reviewed on a monthly basis and includes many key marketing metrics which are reviewed on a weekly basis:
- Personal goal results are tracked by Orti Franklin directly to see that he is achieving recognition as an expert in the field, devoting ample time to marketing work, and achieving a sustainable work-life balance
- Business goal result are tracked in the accounting system
- Tactical goal results are tracked in the CRM system where all information related to these tactics is entered
- Strategic goal results are tracked by Orti Franklin on a monthly basis, based on customer complaints (to determine satisfaction level) and financial reports from Union Station (to determine market share achieved)