Homemade Face Mask Recipes
I love to pamper my skin, and with great homemade face mask recipes. I can do that from the comfort of my own home! Finding the perfect homemade facial mask recipe for your skin type can seem daunting, so check out this collection of 10 amazing homemade face mask recipes you re sure to find the perfect mask recipe for your beauty routine!
Homemade Face Mask Recipes
1. Acne mask This simple homemade acne mask recipe includes only TWO ingredients. Your pores will be unclogged in no time!
2. Nutmeg, Honey, and Cinnamon Mask Recipe This soothing facial mask recipe is the perfect way to relax after a long day. Nutmeg and honey are natural anti-inflammatories, which can reduce swelling and redness in your skin. This homemade face mask recipe sounds lovely!
3. Heavenly Honey Citrus Mask Marie Clare offers this honey citrus face mask recipe. This luscious honey and orange based mask will give your skin a beautiful healthy glow. Sounds good enough to eat!
4. Avocado Egg White Face Mask Recipe Combine the oil-fighting powers of avocado with the pore-tightening properties in egg whites, and you get one powerful acne-fighting homemade facial mask! This avocado egg white face mask will do wonders for oily skin.
5. Nourishing Honey and Oatmeal Facial Mask Recipe If you have dry skin, you ll want to find a facial mask that can moisturize and nourish. This honey and oatmeal mask will not only add moisture to your skin, but it will soften and smooth even the most tired skin.
6. Turmeric Face Mask This easy DIY turmeric and honey face mask is fantastic for fighting acne and blemishes!
7. Brightening Daisy Mask Who ever would have guessed that daisies would be great for your skin? This video tutorial teaches you how to make your own daisy mask at home for brighter, youthful skin.
8. DIY Mud Mask Recipe Of course, the most common type of mask is a mud mask. I love the way a good mud mask makes my skin feel, and this DIY mud mask recipe looks really nice. This mud mask is particularly great for oily skin.
9. Strawberry Face Mask Recipe Actually, the strawberry facial mask recipe (which is super-simple) is only one of many in this fabulous round-up of homemade face mask recipes that offers a variety of easy mask recipes for different skin types. This is a great resource, you ll definitely want to bookmark it!
10. Coffee and Cocoa Face Mask Recipe Yum, how does a coffee and cocoa facial mask sound? When it comes to homemade face mask recipes, this one is perfect for waking up dull skin, and really, it just sounds too yummy not to try!
11. Lemon-Milk Alpha Hydroxy Mask Why spend money on expensive alpha hydroxy facial masks, when you can prepare your own homemade face mask recipe at home? This Lemon-Milk Alpha Hydroxy Mask will perk-up your sleepy skin, making it feel fresh and look bright. Both milk and lemon contain natural alpha hydroxy acids. This is such a great way to save money and kickstart your beauty routine!
Whether you have normal, oily, or dry skin, there is a mask for you. I m a sucker for at-home spa treatments, so I ll be trying several of these facial mask recipes this summer! Hope you enjoyed learning more about these 10 incredible homemade face mask recipes !
This face mask brush is fantastic and will help you achieve a smooth application of your preferred facial mask.
I highly recommend picking up some bentonite clay. It s the main ingredient in the incredible diy acne mask above, and such a wonderful product to detoxify the skin!
More Beauty Articles on Dear Crissy
Images licensed through iStock Photo.
Mole Removal, Laser Mole Removal Auckland, Christchurch, Nelson #excision #of #mole, #laser #mole #removal #erbium #pigmentation #scarless #face #moles #sun #spots #surgitron #radiofrequency #radiosurgery #scars
laser mole removal
-One or many moles removed at the one time
-Ultimate precision of erbium laser means virtually scarless removal
LASER MOLE REMOVAL
** THIS PROCEDURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT OUR AUCKLAND CLINIC**
Using the latest Laser Mole Removal technology, Dr Beulink can remove moles of any size with amazing accuracy. So if you re looking for Mole Removal Auckland, or Mole Removal NZ, read on and learn more about Dr Beulink s mole removal service. Available in Auckland by appointment.
Developed in the mid to late 1990 s, the Erbium laser technology was the ultimate development of the ablative resurfacing laser systems, and has remained a gold standard for the removal of wrinkles, moles, skin cysts, lumps and bumps, and for facial skin rejuvenation ever since. Dr Beulink has been using these systems since 1998, to remove benign (non cancerous, cosmetic) moles. The results are amazing, with over 95% leaving no scar, with the remaining 5% being close to or virtually scarless. The procedure is very quick and is done under a small amount of local anaesthetic. Multiple moles can be treated at the same appointment. This has been a quantum leap forwards from the traditional method of surgical excision with it s stitches, the uncomfortable removal of these several days later, and the subsequent scar formation from cutting. With Erbium laser mole removal, aftercare is kept extremely simple: sticky plaster and ointment!
The Erbium:YAG laser is an infra-red resurfacing laser used for precise skin resurfacing. The key difference to other lasers, is the lack of heat it produces, which sets it apart from the first generation resurfacing lasers known as ultra-pulsed CO2 lasers which can cause moderate uncontrolled burning. Similarly, the Erbium laser has advantages over the radio-frequency or electrosurgical devices (eg Surgitron). Although these types of devices are better than simple cauterisation (burning), they too create moderate amounts of heat, which is a disadvantage when attempting scarless skin or mole removal. (Note: the Surgitron is often marketed by other clinics as a Surgitron Laser , but is absolutely not a laser and has disadvantages as explained )
Laser skin ablation (removal) works by the laser light being absorbed by the water in your skin cells. This absorbed energy in turn causes the instantaneous vaporisation of the targeted cells. As the laser light passes over the skin, a mere 30 millionth of an inch of tissue is removed at a time. This incredible control allows the doctor to precisely sculpture the mole away.
The Erbium laser is also ideal for scarless removal of milia, cholesterol deposits around eyes, and sun spots etc.
Before erbium laser removal 3 months after laser removal
Even a mole this close to the eye (on the very edge of the lid and within the lashes) can be safely and effectively removed by precision lasering. Click on this You-Tube link to see.http://youtu.be/bQ7SXjDRHCA
Dr Beulink s Personal Comments Erbium Laser Mole Removal
I have been performing nonsurgical mole removal since 1992.
From 1992-1998 I used the Surgitron radiofrequency device, which isn t too bad if used cautiously and dilligently. It certainly had big advantages over surgery, cauterisation (heat/burn removal) and liquid nitrogen (freezing removal), but still had it s limitations. This is because the Surgitron vapourises skin cells but still does it with the addition of moderate heat. It is this heat that causes unwanted collateral damage and the destruction of the skin s natural pigment cells (melanocytes).This means scarring may be minimised but is still present, and often leaves at best, white marks or worse, raised scarring.
In 1998 I began Erbium laser resurfacing and quickly realised the huge advantages and benefits this laser system had for removing moles. It s precision, absolute control, and lack of heat damage made it a quantum leap forwards in skin and mole ablation and I have been exclusively removing moles with the Erbium laser ever since.
This procedure is unbelievably simple. People are constantly telling me how impressed they are with the treatment; the ease with which the mole is removed, the negligible pain or discomfort, and the rapid removal of the mole. I would not be able to count the number of times someone has looked into the mirror immediately after the laser removal and exclaimed Oh my God, it s gone!
Immediately before the mole is removed, a very small amount of local anaesthetic is injected around or under the mole. This is done with a very fine needle (smaller than a babies vaccination needle) and although local anaesthetic stings before it goes numb, any discomfort from this is fleeting and relatively minor. Applying ice to the area first can virtually make this painless. The local anaesthetic will instantly numb the mole and the lasering then proceeds with absolutely no pain or discomfort what so ever.
This treatment is particularly suited to the removal of benign (cosmetic) type moles. It can be used for certain cancerous and pre-cancerous moles and skin lesions. It can not be used for the removal of malignant melanomas.
The ideal benign mole for laser mole removal is a raised, skin coloured mole with no hairs growing from it. Darkly pigmented, flat moles that have hair are the least ideal. This is because they tend to have deeper roots. These types of moles can still be lasered, often with a high degree of success and patient satisfaction. However, there is a higher chance of partial or full recurrence that may need a second lasering at a later date. This is especially apparent in younger patients. For hairy moles, it is best to allow the hairs to grow a bit before laser removal (do not pluck them). This helps at the time of lasering to track down the roots.
This is a fantastic way to remove facial moles due to the excellent cosmetic result. I believe laser should be the only way to remove moles that are in surgically difficult areas. such as close to the eyes or lips etc. In areas such as these, surgical cutting and subsequent scar formation can have poor cosmetic outcomes due to the pulling and distortional effects the tissue removal and scar will have on these important structures. With the laser, over the years I have removed many moles and skin tags from the upper and lower eye lids (including the lash line), from noses and from edges of the lip. No distortion will occur with the laser as only the mole is removed, with no surrounding or underlying tissue damage, and scar formation is absolutely minimised or nonexistent. The high precision of the laser mole removal allows me to remove moles with pinpoint accuracy, often in places where no one else will dare to go.
Facial mole removals heal twice as fast as body moles (facial wounds always heal faster than body wounds). The end result for laser body moles is thus never quite as good as that for the face.
Due to the ease and speed of removal, it can be an effective way to remove many moles at the one time.
After care is relatively straight forwards. We give the patient some ointment to apply on a daily basis to the lasered mole and usually a sticky plaster is applied for the first day and then just at night for several days. For facial moles, it will take approximately 5-7 days to heal up. For body moles it takes a little longer at 10-16 days. Healing is very similar to that of a graze: at first it is a bit raw and remains a bit damp, then after about a week it is healed over but looks a bit pink, and then over the following months the pinkness fades away. Makeup can be usually be applied over the lasered mole area after about a week. It is important not to get the lasered mole area sunburnt for the first 3 months after removing.
Please note: This treatment is only available at our Auckland clinic.
For more information on the Erbium laser, see Erbium Laser Resurfacing for wrinkles
Secret Service agents face investigation over conduct while protecting Trump grandchild #politics, #secret #service #agents #face #investigation #over #conduct #while #protecting #trump #grandchild, #cnnpolitics.com
Secret Service agents face investigation over conduct while protecting Trump grandchild
(CNN) Two Secret Service agents are facing an internal investigation over their alleged conduct last week while they protected a grandchild of President Donald Trump, people familiar with the matter tell CNN.
The actions of the two agents, who are assigned to the protective detail for the children of Donald Trump Jr. are being reviewed by the internal affairs division of the Secret Service. The questions involve photographs the agents may have been taken of one of the children while being driven around New York on Sunday.
The agents allegedly took a picture of a child sleeping in the Secret Service vehicle, according to people familiar with the matter. Neither of the boy’s parents, Donald Trump Jr. and his wife, Vanessa, were present at the time, but after learning about it, they voiced concern and raised questions with the agents’ supervisors.
The two agents were questioned on Monday, CNN has learned, and the matter is being reviewed internally by the Secret Service.
Catherine Milhoan, a spokeswoman for the Secret Service, cautioned against drawing any “conclusions that may grossly mischaracterize the matter.”
“The U.S. Secret Service is aware of a matter involving two of our agents and one of our protectees,” Milhoan said in a statement to CNN. “Our Office of Professional Responsibility will always thoroughly review a matter to determine the facts and to ensure proper, long-standing protocols and procedures are followed.”
Donald Trump Jr. the president’s oldest son, has five children, all of whom receive Secret Service protection, as do most of the family’s children and grandchildren.
Trump Jr. did not respond to requests for comment.
Cash Value of Life Insurance Policy
If you are considering permanent life insurance – such as whole life, universal life, or variable life insurance – you probably know that these types of policies provide both death benefits and cash value accumulation. You can use the cash value for many different needs, including your living expenses in retirement.
Ways to Use Life Insurance Cash Value
- Pay your policy premium
- Borrow from the cash value to pay large expenses, at a lower rate than banks offer
- Structure an investment portfolio that maintains and accumulates wealth
- Use the cash value for expenses in retirement
Cash Value Life Insurance Definition
Cash value life insurance is a type of permanent insurance policy consisting of a “death benefit,” which is a standard part of all life insurance policies, as well as a cash value accumulation feature. Whole life, universal life, and variable life insurance are the three primary types of cash value life insurance.
When you pay your premium, a portion of that payment is allocated towards the cash value. The life insurance company invests the money into a conservative-yield form of investment. The cash value grows over time as you continue to pay your premium and through the interest you earn.
The life insurance cash value is the amount of money you have built up through your premium and investment interest for the length of time you have owned the policy.
How Does Cash Value Life Insurance Work?
When you pay your insurance premium for a permanent life insurance policy, the money is generally allocated in three portions:
- Payment for the face value of the insurance policy or death benefits, which your beneficiary or beneficiaries will receive after you pass away
- Payment for the insurer’s cost for administering the policy
- Payment toward the cash value, which is subsequently invested by the life insurance company
The cash value builds from a combination of each premium payment you make and the interest earned from the investments made by the life insurance company.
The cash value generally grows slowly in the first few years of the policy then experiences more significant growth later. The cash value accumulation then slows again as the policy holder ages and more of the premium is applied to the death benefits.
Life Insurance Cash Value Growth
The life insurance cash value growth is dependent on both the premium and how well the life insurance company’s investments perform. Some forms of permanent life insurance policies offer a guaranteed minimum rate of return. You’ll benefit when the investments perform well; you earn a higher return on the investments, and can be protected if the policy has a guaranteed rate of interest when economic times are slower. Additionally, some insurance companies will also pay a dividend if fewer life insurance policies are paid out in a given year.
The rate of return on the investments made by any life insurance company varies for a variety of reasons:
- Some investment portfolios perform better than others
- The strength of the investment market fluctuates
- The account managers handling the investment portfolios have varying rates of success
The overall return rate of investment on a policy that has been in place long term can be 4.97% or higher on an annual average for the life of the policy. When you are comparing life insurance companies and policies, be sure to work with a knowledgeable independent agent who can assess how well various permanent life insurance companies have performed.
Life Insurance Cash Value Tax
You might be wondering if and when you have to pay income tax on the cash value portion of your policy. This is how the tax situation works.
- Whole life non-participating policy and universal life insurance policy: As long as cash value continues to grow in an active policy, the cash value is not taxable until one of the following occurs:
- You cancel or “surrender” the policy
- You transfer the life insurance policy, such as when you assign or sell the policy
- The policy is no longer considered a life insurance contract by the IRS
- Participating whole life policy: The same applies to these policies with above described conditions, but there is a slight difference when it comes to the payment of the dividends on a “participating” whole life insurance policy. In a participating whole life policy, dividends are paid out to the policy holder and are considered to be a “return of premium.” The policy holder has four choices to choose from in how to use the dividends:
- Buy more coverage
- Use the dividends to reduce the future amount of your premiums
- Reinvest the dividends
- Receive the dividends in cash
These dividends are not taxable until or unless the dividends you receive exceed the total amount of premiums paid on your particular policy. Any dividends you receive that exceed the total amount of premiums paid on your policy are considered taxable. The excess dividends will be taxed regardless of how you use them.
Cash Value vs. Surrender Value
The cash value and the cash surrender value are inherently the same. The difference between the cash and the surrender value is that if you surrender your policy (for example, if you choose to cancel and cash out the life insurance policy), you will receive the cash value that has accumulated less any applicable surrender charges; these charges are pre-determined by the life insurance company, and are stipulated in your policy contract.
Note that there is a “surrender period,” which is the period of time that a policyholder must wait before it is possible to receive the cash value of the policy upon canceling. If the policyholder cancels the policy before the end of the surrender period, it is not likely the policyholder will receive any amount of the cash value because these costs are incurred by the insurance company to set up the policy.
Borrowing Against Your Life Insurance Cash Value
After the surrender period ends, you can typically take out a loan against a portion of the available cash value. Note that you should only do so for an express purpose, and that there are several things to consider:
- This loan can be taken out without having to pay taxes on it
- You are not required to repay this loan back to the insurance company
- The insurance company will charge the interest rate on the outstanding loan
- Both the interest the company is charging for the loan and the amount of cash value you borrowed will be deducted off the death benefits if you die while the policy is still in force, unless you have repaid the loan
A life insurance cash value policy can help you build up a substantial savings over time and can be especially advantageous if you aren’t very investment savvy or have difficulty saving money for your retirement.
There are many different versions of these types of policies and they vary in how they are structured. You are best advised to contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network who can provide unbiased information about cash value life insurance policies versus term life insurance policies. One of these agents, right in your area, can help to evaluate your financial needs and goals and answer your questions about various life insurance options.
Find an agent today to learn more about permanent life insurance cash value policies and get the coverage you need.
End of box