Bariatric Surgery in Austin, TX by Dr Nilesh Patel #austin #weight #loss, #lap #band
Texas Bariatric Specialists Delivering Bariatric Surgery in Austin – Now Serving True Results Patients *
Founded by Dr. Nilesh A. Patel, MD, a nationally recognized and fellowship-trained bariatric surgeon, Texas Bariatric Specialists is a holistic weight loss practice focused on delivering long-term weight loss solutions through which have resulted in over 2,500 bariatric surgeries that have exceeded the national average of successful weight loss management.
Announcement to All Former True Results Patients
Dr. Patel has been designated as a preferred provider for all former True Results patients in the Austin area. True Results patients have already been experiencing the high level of service available and the comprehensive care program.
Dr. Patel specializes in surgical weight loss procedures including:
With a commitment to surgical expertise, compassionate care and exemplary preoperative and postsurgical consultative services, Dr. Patel and staff at Texas Bariatric Specialists ensure successful weight loss management for their patients through long-term relationships to support good health.
Our Services Include:
- Ultra-modern 5,000+ sq. ft. office in Northern Austin atop the Horizon Bank. Knowledgeable, full-time staff available Monday through Thursday.
- Back-on-Track Program – This program is designed to assist prior bariatric patients with a lap band, sleeve, or RNY to re-embark upon their journey to health and wellness. Our experienced staff will get you back on track with any nutritional, dietary, or physical weaknesses established post-surgery.
- Revision of failed weight loss surgery – There are times when surgery just does not yield the desired outcomes. Not always due to surgeon or patient compliance. There is just a disconnect between desired results and achieved results. Dr. Patel has become a laparoscopic revision surgery specialist and has successfully converted all types of failed surgical procedures to more viable and beneficially procedures for the patient. If you are struggling with your chosen procedure, and are considering reversal or revision surgery, please see our experienced staff for evaluation.
- Carol Andrus, NP a very knowledgeable and compassionate addition to the TBS staff. She is specifically assigned to our North Austin office and is available every Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm to provide clinical services and support of your health goals.
- Radiological Services –Available on site most days, Monday through Thursday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm for Barium swallows (UGI) and fluoroscopic adjustment of laparoscopic adjustable gastric bands.
- Program Exercise Physiologist – Our staff physiologist is readily available to help create a robust exercise program that will be both challenging and beneficial for obtaining and maintaining your goals.
- Pulmonary Function Tests – Testing offered during normal business hours specifically designed to assess your pulmonary status and ability to undergo bariatric surgery.
- Ultrasonic Body Composition Testing – Scientifically proven and trusted modality can accurately measure tissue structure and body composition. It is a very effective tool used by our staff to help patients track fat and muscle, gains and losses and to evaluate the effectiveness of their diet and exercise program.
- Insurance Concierge – Our staff of knowledgeable insurance specialists provide a full range of insurance qualification services to make your prequalification paperwork is in order. This full service ensures you are receiving the full benefits you are entitled to, alleviates the hassle for you, and provides you with peace of mind. We are happy to say that 80% of our weight loss surgeries are paid for by insurance. You will be assigned an insurance advocate who will answer all your questions about insurance guiding you through the approval process. Just provide your insurance information and they will take it from there.
- Life Partner for Weight Loss – As a nationally recognized surgeon, Dr. Nilesh A. Patel, MD, believes in long-term relationships and forming partnerships for success.
- Program Psychologist – A staff psychologist is available for all patients’ pre-op and post-operative treatment, to assist with through the journey of successful, long-term weight loss.
- Program Dietician – A certified dietician/nutritionist who specializes in the unique needs of bariatric surgery patients and provides both private consultations and group sessions before and after surgery.
- Nutritional Resource Store – A convenient, in-house nutritional supplement resource store with pharmaceutical-grade supplements.
- Support Group – A strong online support group to help keep you on track and create a forum to discuss issues.
Texas Bariatric Specialists is more than a surgery center; it is a group of highly trained professionals focused on ensuring your health for a lifetime.
Texas Bariatric Specialists – South Austin
9701 Brodie Lane Ste 206
We Are Bariatric Surgery Specialists
My Bariatric Solutions is owned and operated by Wise Health System. The East Campus of Wise Health System has undergone an independent, voluntary, and peer evaluation in accordance with nationally recognized bariatric surgical standards and has been accredited for bariatric surgery. All surgeries are performed at this campus to promote best patient outcomes. The My Bariatric Solutions program including bariatric surgeons: Dr. Scott Stowers, Dr. Arsalla Islam, and Dr. Heath Smith has built a solid reputation for providing outstanding and compassionate care. YOUR MBS bariatric team understands the questions and concerns that you have regarding weight loss and the multiple bariatric procedures that we offer.
Meet Our Surgeons
Free Online Seminar
Calendar of Events
Before After Photos
Bariatric Surgery in Dallas / Fort Worth
Patients from throughout the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex and even from outside of Texas have traveled to our weight loss surgery center to receive treatment from our weight loss team of bariatric surgery experts. Call us today to request a consultation or learn more with our free online seminar.
Our reputation speaks for itself! Wise Health System s east campus has been awarded as a Center of Excellence by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), as an Aetna Institute of Quality (IOQ), a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield, a United Health Care Center of Excellence, a 3 Star Quality program by Cigna, and we are a certified Lap-Band Total Care Program.
Our 10 Year Anniversary
My Bariatric Solutions is celebrating 10 years of evolution that began in 2006 with Dr. Scott Stowers, DO, FASMBS. and our previous Program Director, Amanda Cross. As of 2016, we have added two other bariatric surgeons, Dr. Arsalla Islam, MD, FACS and Dr. Heath Smith, MD. close to 40 employees, a full-time contact center, and numerous awards, with locations in Decatur, Fort Worth, and Waco, Texas.
This app will allow you to track your weight loss, visualize your success, have access to recipes, Fitbit Challenge, a nutrition tracker, and more. Download it today! Don t forget to check for updates in your app store, as we are constantly making changes to enhance your experience.
Contact us today at 940.503.1302 to get more information about bariatric surgery in Decatur, Dallas/Ft Worth, and Waco TX or to request a consult .
Take The Next Step To A Healthier You
Recent Bariatric Blog Posts
Bariatric Weight Loss Gastric Bypass Surgery Knoxville East Tennessee (TN) New Life Center #bariatric,
Long-term Weightloss From Medically Supervised to Surgical Weightloss Treatment We Take an Individualized Approach for Each Unique Patient
At the “New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery” we want to send you a message of hope. Severe obesity robs individuals of the quality of life and health that they deserve. But there is hope. Bariatric surgery can be a life saving journey that can lead to a New Life for you.
Why Choose Us?
We have helped thousands of patients just like you be successful and enter a New Life! Our multidisciplinary team has a collective experience of over 75 years helping people lose weight permanently.
We consider it a privilege that you have taken the time to consider us as your partner in the path to your New Life.
Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch
At the New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery we understand that the decision to pursue weight loss surgery is a difficult and personal one.
- Highest Patient Satisfaction
- Ability to Eat Larger Meals
- Greatest Excess Weightloss
Read My Story.
Read My Story.
Learn More About Obesity Are You a Candidate for Surgery?
Obesity is a disease of excess fat storage that robs us of a fulfilling life and causes the development of a number of serious diseases which take the lives of approximately 1000 American’s daily.
Had Surgery Elsewhere? Looking For Great Aftercare?
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, patients may not experience the results they desired after their weight loss surgery. We are happy to evaluate your situation and recommend appropriate treatment.
My Road to Weight Loss Surgery and Beyond
My goal is share every detail of my journey and describe every step along my way of WLS and hopefully help others that are in the same situation.”
What Treatment Options Are Available?
At the New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery we offer a truly individualized care plan outlined by your surgeon. This plan is uniquely designed to both guide you through the maze of insurance requirements and prepare you for your New Life after bariatric surgery. We are proud to offer more weight loss options than anyone else.
As the seventh center in the country to be designated as a Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery performs bariatric surgery only at hospital facilities that maintain the highest credentialing available from ASMBS and the American College of Surgeons (ACS). New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery is affiliated with Turkey Creek Medical Center, a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited center by the American College of Surgeons. New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery is a division of Premier Surgical Associates .
Join Our Online Network