Doing Business Report Series
The Doing Business report series includes annual reports going back to 2004, a wide variety of subnational studies, and a number of special reports dealing with regions or topics. Use the tabs to read report summaries and to download. Additional country and regional reports can be downloaded below.
Doing Business Reports
Doing Business 2016
Doing Business 2016: Measuring Regulatory Quality and Efficiency. a World Bank Group flagship publication, is the 13th in a series of annual reports measuring the regulations that enhance business activity and those that constrain it. Doing Business presents quantitative indicators on business regulations and the protection of property rights that can be compared across 189 economies—from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe—and over time.
Profiles 2016 Economy Profiles
2016 Regional Profiles
Featured Subnational Report
Doing Business in Spain 2015
This report measures business regulations and their enforcement across 17 autonomous communities and two autonomous cities in Spain. The report examines 5 areas as measured by Doing Business: starting a business, dealing with construction permits, getting electricity, registering property and trading across borders.
Featured Case Study
Measuring the cost of red tape
This note estimates the costs to firms from inefficient business regulations. Using the Doing Business data, we identify the time it takes in countries around the world for 6 major transactions regulated by governments: starting a business, transferring property, paying business taxes, exporting goods, importing goods and using courts to resolve a commercial dispute. Based on the data, we estimate that if the governments of 90 economies had applied best practice in regulating business entry in 2012, more than 45 million days of entrepreneurs time could have been saved.
The Bank of Japan Can’t Jump-Start Inflation
On May 29 the Japanese government announced that the country’s consumer prices were unchanged in April from a year earlier, calling into question the power of the central bank’s effort to drive prices upward. The BOJ is acting a bit like a hedge fund, trying any investment to achieve its goal of raising inflation to 2 percent. It’s snapping up not only government bonds but also exchange traded funds, corporate bonds, real estate investment trusts, and venture capital loans—anything to put more money into lenders’ and investors’ hands so they can lend and invest more. “The BOJ deserves the most aggressive award among central banks,” says Yasuhiro Takahashi, a senior economist at Nomura Securities.
The latest consumer price report underscores the difficulty of the central bank’s task. BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda doubled down last October and expanded his policy, formally known as quantitative and qualitative monetary easing. The central bank pledged to raise the monetary base from 60 trillion yen ($482 billion) a year to 80 trillion yen to give banks more money to lend.
The heroic effort has driven the Nikkei 225 Stock Average to a 15-year high and the yen down to almost a 12-year low against the dollar. Although that’s delighted stock investors and big exporters such as Toyota Motor and Shiseido, it hasn’t moved the needle on overall growth or inflation. A majority of 36 economists surveyed by Bloomberg see the BOJ beefing up its program by late October, when it’s expected to update its inflation forecast. If that’s less than 2 percent, the bank will pile on extra stimulus.
Nomura predicts the central bank will switch its focus from bonds to stock purchases next spring, betting a bull market might more effectively stimulate consumer spending. The brokerage sees the BOJ doubling its ETF purchases, to 6 trillion yen, while announcing plans to taper its bond purchases.
Kuroda has said that the plunge in oil prices in the short term delayed progress on generating inflation and that rising wages will engender growth, consumer spending, and higher prices. “It’s really too early to say Kuroda’s easing didn’t work,” says Takahiro Sekido, a former BOJ official who’s now a strategist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.
Japan faces structural challenges, given its aging, shrinking population and its debt burden, the biggest in the developed world. “The BOJ’s policy has been and must be more ambitious,” says former Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn, now at the Brookings Institution. “It’s not going to be easy to break expectations [of deflation] that have been entrenched over the decades.”
Fiscal conservatives question the BOJ’s bond-buying, which soaks up about 90 percent of all new government bonds issued to keep long-term rates low. If long-term rates returned to their historical average of 3 percent, from 0.4 percent now, the higher interest payments would push the budget deficit from 8.5 percent to 13 percent of gross domestic product, according to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development. “The BOJ is approaching its limit in bond purchases,” says Nomura’s Takahashi.
Kuroda continues to enjoy the steadfast support of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who picked him to run the BOJ in 2013. Abe, though, has so far failed to deliver on the promised labor, tax, and regulatory reforms that economists say are needed to get Japan back on track. Monetary firepower alone won’t revitalize the economy.
The bottom line: If long-term rates return to a more normal 3 percent, Japan’s budget deficit could rise to 13 percent of GDP.
Before it’s here, it’s on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE
World Bank Open Data
Global Partnership announces new round of funding for ‘Collaborative Data Innovations for Sustainable Development’
World Bank Data Team. Jul 18, 2017
A New Look at Health, Nutrition Population Data
H. Kashiwase. Jul 05, 2017
New country classifications by income level: 2017-2018
World Bank Data Team. Jul 01, 2017
Q2 2017 Update of World Development Indicators Available
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN WITH OPEN DATA
The proportion of the world’s population living in extreme poverty has dropped significantly
RECENTLY UPDATED DATASETS
Country Policy and Institutional Assessment
IFC Subscriptions and Voting Power of Member Countries
Quarterly External Debt Statistics SDDS (New)
Quarterly External Debt Statistics GDDS (New)
Open Data Catalog
Provides a listing of available World Bank datasets, including databases, pre-formatted tables, reports, and other resources.
An analysis and visualisation tool that contains collections of time series data on a variety of topics.
Provides access to data collected through sample surveys of households, business establishments or other facilities.
World Development Indicators
The primary World Bank collection of development indicators, compiled from officially-recognized international sources.
Explore raw data about the World Bank Group’s finances, including disbursements and management of global funds.
Provides access to basic information on all of the World Bank s lending projects from 1947 to the present.
Open Data Toolkit
Provides an understanding of Open Data and how to get “up to speed” in planning and implementing an open data program.
Visualizes how much development financing is provided and received around the world, including, financiers, donors, and beneficiaries.
Global Consumption Database
A one-stop source of data on household consumption patterns in developing countries.
Business Loans – Check Business Loan Interest Rate – Eligibility Online at HDFC Bank
- Features Benefits
- Fees Charges
- In – Principle loan eligibility in 1 Minute online and across all branches
- Convenience of contacting us through SMS, Webchat, Click2Talk, PhoneBanking and across all Branches
- Business Loan is also available on the basis of repayment of home loans, auto loans and credit cards.
- Loan Amount up to Rs. 15 Lakhs (Up to Rs. 40 Lakhs in selected locations).
- Flexible repayment options ranging from 12 – 36 Months.
- Credit Protect Insurance Plan:
We help you take care of your loved ones with a Credit Protect Plan to cover your loan at a nominal premium.*
In case of Natural / Accidental Death of the customer, the customer / nominee can avail of the Payment Protection Insurance (Credit Protect) which insures the principle outstanding on the loan up to a maximum of the loan amount.
We will charge a premium for this product, and the premium amount will be deducted from the loan amount at the time of disbursal. We will also charge service tax and applicable surcharge/cess at the rates notified by the government.
Secure your business loan with Credit Protect.
Key benefits of policy
- Protects the family by paying off the loan amount in case of death of the customer
- Life Coverage provides peace of Mind
- No need to use other savings to repay the loan
- Tax Benefits as per applicable laws
- One convenient package – loan + insurance
* Premium will be charged for Credit Protect will be deducted from the loan amount at the time of disbursal.
(* terms and conditions of the Insurers shall apply, Above product is offered by HDFC Life Ins Co.ltd)
Already have a Business Loan?
Reduce your EMI, transfer your existing Business Loan to us. Business Loan balance transfer offers special and exclusive benefits.
- Interest rate as low as 14.99* % on existing loan transfer.
- Processing fees as low as 0.99%
Now reduce your EMI burden with our balance transfer programme
Get details on eligibility criteria documents required for HDFC Bank Business Loan
Self Employed including Individual Proprietors, Private Ltd. Co. and Partnership Firms involved in the Business of Manufacturing, Trading or Services.
- Minimum Turnover of Rs. 40 Lakhs.
- Years in business: Minimum of 3 years in current business and 5 years total business experience
- Business must be profit making for the last 2 years
- Minimum Annual Income (ITR): Rs. 1.5 Lakhs p.a.
- Age of Applicant: Min 21 years Max. 65 years at the time of loan maturity.
Documents you will need to submit:
- PAN Card For Company /Firm/ individual.
- Proof of your identity: Copy of Aadhaar Card/Passport/Voter s ID card/driving license.
- Proof of your address: Copy of Aadhaar Card/Telephone bill/Electricity bill/Passport.
- Bank Statement (latest 6 months)
- Latest ITR along with computation of income, Balance sheet and Profit Loss a/c for the last 2 years. Financial should be CA Certified /Audited.
- Proof of continuation (ITR/Trade license /Establishment /Sales Tax certificate)
- Other Mandatory Documents (Sole Prop. Declaration Or Certified Copy of Partnership Deed, Certified true copy of Memorandum Articles of Association (certified by Director) Board resolution (Original)
Loan at the sole discretion of HDFC Bank Ltd.
Enclosed below are HDFC Bank Business Loan Interest Rates Charges
We help you take care of your loved ones with a Credit Protect Plan to cover your loan at a nominal premium.*
#business acquisition loans
Opus Bank’s portfolio of products, services and solutions are particularly well-suited to support small to mid-sized businesses with revenues from $5 million to $100 million and more. Opus Bank has commercial business banking resources to help your business grow and expand. We believe in building long-term business partner relationships, so you can count on us to be there as you grow.
LENDING THAT MAKES SENSE
We know every business is unique, which is why our “common sense underwriting” is designed to help you capitalize on the opportunities that make sense for your business. Our Business Bankers are experts at finding the right financing solution for your business.
Opus Bank has an extensive array of capital financing to help you achieve your business goals and aspirations.
- Equipment Loans – Our Equipment Loans can help you purchase equipment, vehicles, or make capital improvements.
- Business Acquisition Term Loans – Our Business Acquisition Term Loans can be structured to provide cost-effective financing for purchasing another business.
- Owner-Occupied Real Estate Loans – We can help with the purchase or refinancing of an existing facility, or with the construction of a new facility through our Owner-Occupied Real Estate Loans.
- Small Business Loans – As a Small Business Administration Preferred Lender, Opus Bank can help you secure the critical funds you need.
Financing subject to credit and collateral approval by Opus Bank
The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburgh to Open New Full-Service Branch on Kent Avenue
The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburgh to Open New Full-Service Branch on Kent Avenue in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN, NY –(Marketwired – June 17, 2016) – The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburgh (the “bank” or “Dime”), subsidiary of Dime Community Bancshares, Inc. (the “Company”) (DCOM ). announced today that it has received approval from the New York State Department of Financial Services to open a new branch in its hometown of Williamsburg at 149 Kent Avenue. The branch will offer local residents and business owners a broad range of financial services and personal account features.
“Our Kent Avenue branch represents our continued commitment to Brooklyn, and to Williamsburg in particular,” said Vincent F. Palagiano, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Dime. “With Williamsburg at the epicenter of the ‘buy local’ trend, it only makes sense that Williamsburg’s local bank would continue to find ways to connect to residents and small business owners.”
Dime’s new branch, anticipated to open by first quarter 2017, is a 2,732-square foot banking center, located in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It will be a full-service branch, with an open layout that will enhance the service experience for retail customers. In addition, the branch is also designed for small business customers, with conference and meeting space that can be used for these customers if and when needed.
“Our Kent Avenue branch introduces a new interior design for Dime branches,” stated Kenneth J. Mahon, President and Chief Operating Officer of Dime. “We focused closely on all steps in our interaction with customers: from the reason they decide to enter, to the entrance and pathways within the branch, to finally the service and eventual exit. We designed the branch to make the customer experience as seamless as possible.”
“Nowadays, more than ever,” continued Mr. Mahon, “customers carry their bank around with them in their pockets, especially in young communities like Williamsburg. That’s the medium where Dime’s technology and bank service exists today, both online and through mobile banking. But many people still want to bank near where they live or work, like small business owners. The Williamsburg population has grown by tens of thousands along the East River over the past 10 years. New locally-owned businesses open every week. Our new branch locations bring our business closer to those customers.”
The Kent Avenue branch, along with a previously announced planned branch on Bedford Avenue, will represent two new locations in Williamsburg, with a goal to have three new locations in Williamsburg within the next two years. These new locations are bracketed by two existing Dime branches: the Main Office to the south at 209 Havemeyer Street at the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge, and the Greenpoint Office to the north at 814 Manhattan Avenue.
ABOUT DIME COMMUNITY BANCSHARES, INC.
The Company (DCOM ) had $5.52 billion in consolidated assets as of March 31, 2016, and is the parent company of the bank. The bank was founded in 1864, is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, and currently has twenty-five branches located throughout Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Nassau County, New York. More information on the Company and the bank can be found on Dime’s website at www.dime.com .
Small Business Bank Accounts #setting #up #a #small #business #bank #account, #small #business #bank
Small Business Chequing & Savings Accounts
Why open a Business Chequing Account?
- Will help keep your business and personal expenses separate
- Get your business off to a good start for tax purposes
- Project credibility and professionalism to customers and suppliers of your new business
- We will help ensure that your business banking solutions keep pace and continue to reflect your unique needs as your business grows
To ensure your account is opened quickly, all owners and signing officers will need to provide 2 pieces of approved personal identification. Depending on your business’ legal structure, one of the following documents will also be required by your TD Canada Trust Business Banking Specialist:
- Sole Proprietorship – Certificate of Registration of Business Name
- Partnership – Certificate of Registration of Partnership. Partnership Agreement (if available)
- Corporation – Articles of Incorporation. Certificate of Registration of Business Name (if available)
- Association – Articles of Association (if available)
- Formal Trust – Trust Agreement
Find out more about our Chequing Service Plans
Small business loans fast #unsecured #loan, #unsecured #personal #loan, #signature #loan, #loan, #personal #loan,
Quick, Secure and Easy Application
Loans approved in minutes, get started select loan type amount on the form to the right below
AmericaOneUnsecured.com is a “NO FEE” loan matching service. We will help you get the personal or small business loan you need! We know it can be a frustrating task to find a loan for your particular situation. But you’ve come to the right place, we’ve helped thousands of clients receive millions in financing since 2001.
AmericaOneUnsecured.com’s expertise includes extensive knowledge of today’s most active lending sources in the U.S. Our goal is to help you get the money you need with the most competitive terms available for your credit standing.
There is no collateral required for most of our loan options. You can use the funds you receive in any way you choose. You can make repairs to your home or automobile, take a vacation or you can use the money for an unexpected medical or dental expense. You can even start your own business or expand the one you’re already operating. We place no restrictions on how you use the money, that’s up to you. We are just happy to help you find the funds you need.
We also offer options for those who are unable to make payments on their unsecured debt and need assistance negotiating their debt into a simple affordable monthly payment.
We look forward to assisting you on your path to success. Our experienced personnel are available for a free consultation!
JUST TWO QUICK STEPS
#business first louisville
Allow the business expertise of First Capital Bank to be your most important financial resource. We work with our clients to develop a keen understanding of their businesses and personal lives, as they are often closely interwoven. We can then evaluate financial hurdles and opportunities intelligently, recommending solutions that make sense on a personal and professional level. We respond to our business customers by designing an approach that asks the right questions and provides the solutions necessary to meet the unique needs dictated by today s changing business climate. Allow our experienced, knowledgeable and highly qualified team to provide you with the most responsive financial products and services available to you and your business. Check out our options, use our helpful financial tools, and schedule a visit with us today. We re eager to help you get started.
Thank you for your interest in First Capital Bank of Kentucky. We strive to make ourselves available to you, via email, telephone, postal mail and in person at any of our branch locations. or use the secure form found on our Contact Us page.
First Capital Bank of Kentucky
293 N. Hubbards Lane
Louisville, KY 40207
#suntrust business banking
SunTrust Bank Business Checking Account Review: $200 Promotion
SunTrust Bank is offering residents in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia, a chance to earn a cash bonus of $200. To get started on your bonus open a business checking account with the promo code SB16SUMMEROL, make a $1,500 in deposits, register for and activate Online Cash Manager to earn the first $200. Then open an active processing Merchant Services account to earn the last $200. Hurry in and open an account with SunTrust Bank to receive many benefits! This offer is only available until July 30, 2016. so hurry in and get started today!
BBVA Compass is offering a $125 total bonus that includes a $100 NBAstore.com gift card, a $15 Amazon gift card, and a $10 iTunes gift card just by opening a NBA checking account. NBA Banking accounts may only be opened online, and can be accessed using a web-enabled computer or smartphone. Sign up today for the $125 Bonus! Apply Now — BBVA Compass NBA Checking Review
TD Bank is offering a great bonus where you can earn a new Samsung Galaxy by opening a new Convenience Checking account! Once you’ve opened the new account, the Samsung Galaxy is yours as long as you sign up for a new 2 year contract with Sprint or Verizon. This is a great chance to earn a new phone so hurry and claim the offer while supplies last. Apply Now — TD Bank Review
SunTrust Bank Account Summary:
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Primary Business Checking, Total Business Banking, and SunTrust Business Advantage Plus Checking Account.
- Maximum Bonus: $200
- Availability: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia
- Expiration Date: 6/30/2016
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull (Chexsystems)
- Credit Card Funding: Credit Card funding up to $1000.
- Direct Deposit Requirement. No Required Direct Deposit
- Additional Requirements: Use promo code SB16Q2INTERNET. See Below For Detailed Requirements
- Monthly Fee: Have at least $1500 in account to avoid monthly fee for Primary Business Checking.
- Early Termination Fee: Keep business checking account in good standings with a positive balance for up to 20 weeks.
SunTrust Bank Bonus Requirements:
- Open a business checking account with promo code SB16Q2INTERNET by July 30, 2016. Primary Business Checking, Total Business Banking, and SunTrust Business Advantage Plus Checking Account.
- Make $1,500 in qualifying deposits or more into the new account within 30 days of opening.
- Register for and activate Online Cash Manager with at least one sign on within 30 days of opening the account. You’ll then earn the $200 bonus.
- For the additional $200 bonus, you must open an active processing Merchant Services account within 30 days of opening the linked SunTrust business checking account.
- Primary Business Checking
- $1,500 minimum average balance to waive monthly maintenance fee
- 150 items/transactions included
- $5,000 cash processing included
- 10% deposit bonus when redeeming for Cash Back into a SunTrust business deposit account with your SunTrust Business Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Total Business Banking
- $5,000 minimum average balance to waive monthly maintenance fee OR
- $10,000 minimum balance when combined with a Money Market Account to waive monthly maintenance fee
- 300 items/transactions included
- 10% deposit bonus when redeeming for Cash Back into a SunTrust business deposit account with your SunTrust Business Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Business Advantage Plus
- $20,000 minimum balance to waive monthly maintenance fee across the 3 SunTrust Business Advantage Plus accounts included for free
- 500 items/transactions included
- $10,000 cash processing included
- Discounts on additional services such such as Online Payroll monthly maintenance fee
- 25% deposit bonus when redeeming for Cash Back into a SunTrust business deposit account with your SunTrust Business Cash Rewards Credit Card3
SunTrust Bank bonus is available for only one incentive per TIN or EIN is eligible for the promotion. SunTrust clients who already have a business checking account with SunTrust (as a primary or secondary account holder) are not eligible for this promotion. SunTrust clients who closed a business checking account within 30 days of the promotion start date are also not eligible for this promotion. SunTrust employees are not eligible for this promotion. If you meet the requirements, the bonus will be deposited within 10 to 20 weeks of meeting the requirements. Hurry into your local SunTrust Bank and get started today. If not, see our complete list of Bank Deals for all your banking needs!
Disclaimer. These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Advertiser Disclosure. Many of the credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which BankCheckingSavings.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). We do not feature all available credit card offers or all credit card issuers.
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Copyright 2016 BankCheckingSavings. All rights reserved.