Service availability, ASIC – Australian Securities and Investments Commission, business names available.#Business #names #available
Information and guides to help to start and manage your business or company.
Information about applying for and maintaining your licence or professional registration
General information and advice to help educate, inform and protect the rights of consumers
Everything you need to know about the areas we regulate.
About us, how we regulate and the laws we administer
We often plan interruptions to our online services so we can install system upgrades. This page will have any details of planned or unscheduled outages to our online services.
If you’ve been redirected to this page, then it means our online services are currently undergoing maintenance. Our ‘Service interruptions’ section below will have more information on when our services will be back online. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Sunday 12 November 2017 8:00am to 12:00pm
The following services will be unavailable:
- ASIC Connect – Business Name Registration, SMSF Registration, Financial Adviser Registrations
- ASIC Connect – Business Name Renewal or Change of detail, SMSF Change of Detail, Financial Adviser Maintenance
- Searches using ASIC Connect – Business Names, Company Search, SMSF Search
- Government Access Search
- Company Officeholder, Registered Agent, Australian Financial Services, Credit, Auditor, Liquidator or Short Selling portals
- Company registration or maintenance forms using EDGE
- Company and Australian Financial Services Licence financial statements using Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
- Datastream searches
- Machine to Machine (M2M) services
Calendar of scheduled service interruptions
To help customers plan for any scheduled service interruptions, we publish the dates and details one month in advance. See Scheduled service interruptions for more information.
General system troubleshooting and issues
If you’re having problems when using our online services, it could be an issue with your browser or settings. See System accessibility and compatibility and Transaction troubleshooting for tips on how to fix any issues.
Opening PDFs within the company portal
We’ve received reports of some customers having issues when trying to open PDF files within our company portal. We recommend you:
- Save the PDF document on your computer and try opening from its saved location or
- Use a different browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Searching on ASIC Connect
When performing a search on ASIC Connect you will need to select a tick box stating ‘I am not a robot’ to return the results.
If you are using an automated service, you may experience problems searching ASIC Connect.
If you require large amounts of data, you should consider using ASIC’s registry data on Data.gov.au.
Service availability statistics
Each month, we report on our online services and our overall performance in terms of availability.
For an update on our latest performance figures, see Service availability statistics.
What is an ASIC key?
Your ASIC key is a unique number used in ASIC Connect that helps us establish your identity and protects your business information by making sure only you and those you have authorised can access it.
What is an AUSkey?
AUSkey is a single key to access government online services. In the future, you may no longer need different user IDs and passwords as AUSkey becomes accepted by more government agencies for their online services.
What is a corporate key?
A corporate key is an 8-digit number uniquely associated with a company’s ACN. Your company needs only one corporate key.