How to Write a Business Report for English Learners
By Kenneth Beare. English as 2nd Language Expert
Kenneth is an ESL teacher, trainer, and content developer. He provides consulting services for English language learning projects through Englishfeed. You can follow Kenneth on Twitter. on his Google profile: Kenneth Beare. or on Facebook to stay up to date on his latest English learning materials.
Updated July 28, 2015.
If you would like to learn how to write a business report in English follow these tips and use the example report as a template on which to base your own business report. First of all, business reports provide important information for management that is timely and factual. English learners writing business reports need to make sure that the language is precise and concise. The writing style used for business reports should present information without strong opinions, but rather as direct and accurately as possible.
Continue Reading Below
Linking language should be used to connect ideas and sections of the business report. This example business report presents the four essentials that every business report should include:
Terms of reference refer to the terms on which the business report is written.
The procedure describe the method that was used to collect data for the report.
The findings describe the data or other important information the report produced.
Conclusions are drawn on the findings which provide reasons for recommendations.
The recommendations are specific suggestions made based on the conclusions of the report.
Read the short example business report and follow the tips below. Teachers can print this examples for use in class in lessons using sound teaching writing strategies .
Reports: Example Report
Margaret Anderson, Director of Personnel has requested this report on employee benefits satisfaction. The report was to be submitted to her by 28 June.
A representative selection of 15% of all employees were interviewed in the period between April 1st and April 15th concerning:
Continue Reading Below
- Overall satisfaction with our current benefits package
- Problems encountered when dealing with the personnel department
- Suggestions for the improvement of communication policies
- Problems encountered when dealing with our HMO
- Employees were generally satisfied with the current benefits package.
- Some problems were encountered when requesting vacation due to what is perceived as long approval waiting periods.
- Older employees repeatedly had problems with HMO prescription drugs procedures.
- Employees between the ages of 22 and 30 report few problems with HMO.
- Most employees complain about the lack of dental insurance in our benefits package.
- The most common suggestion for improvement was for the ability to process benefits requests online.
- Older employees, those over 50, are having serious problems with our HMO s ability to provide prescription drugs.
- Our benefits request system needs to be revised as most complaints concerning in-house processing.
- Improvements need to take place in personnel department response time.
- Information technology improvements should be considered as employees become more technologically savvy.
- Meet with HMO representatives to discuss the serious nature of complaints concerning prescription drug benefits for older employees.
- Give priority to vacation request response time as employees need faster approval in order to be able to plan their vacations.
- Take no special actions for the benefits package of younger employees.
- Discuss the possibility of adding an online benefits requests system to our company Intranet.
Important Points to Remember
- A report is divided into four areas:
- Terms of Reference – This section gives background information on the reason for the report. It usually includes the person requesting the report.
- Procedure – The procedure provides the exact steps taken and methods used for the report.
- Findings – The findings point out discoveries made during the course of the report investigation.
- Conclusions – The conclusions provide logical conclusions based on the findings.
- Recommendations – The recommendations state actions that the writer of the report feels need to be taken based on the findings and conclusions.
- Reports should be concise and factual. Opinions are given in the conclusions section. However, these opinions should be based on facts presented in the findings .
- Use simple tenses (usually the present simple) to express facts.
- Use the imperative form (Discuss the possibility. Give priority. etc.) in the recommendations section as these apply to the company as a whole.
Continue learning about other types of business documents using these resources:
Every customer is important to Geeks of Nevada, Inc. but we also realize that business rely on their systems to function. Geeks of Nevada, Inc. is there to react and ensure that your business runs as smoothly as possible.
We offer multiple levels of service ranging from a single instance service to a service level agreement (SLA). Proactive management of your IT systems helps to prevent surprise downtime which oftentimes brings your company to a screeching halt. We focus on quality and operational excellence while comprehensively managing your IT infrastructure without compromising service delivery to our clients and their customers. Acting as your trusted business technology advisor and helping to incorporate technology strategies that support your overall business strategy and long term goals.
- Onsite PC Desktop and Laptop Repair
- System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Wired and Wireless Networks
- Network Security
- Antivirus and Malware Protection
- Spam Filtering
- Backup Solutions
- New Computers
- Hardware Upgrades
- Operating System and Software Upgrades
- Database Management
- Individual and Group Training
I have been doing business with Geeks of Nevada for 5 years. They built a custom computer for me. Set up my computer for wireless internet and email. They can even access my computer remotely and help me with any problems. My laptop was set up by Geeks so that my office computer can be accessed remotely so my emails can be answered and web site updated from the road. Geeks of Nevadas service is always prompt and any issues are resolved perfectly.
– Willeta Kerschner Executive Director BNI Northern Nevada
Business services cover many varied sectors. They range from technical services such as engineering, architecture and IT, to other professional services such as legal services, employment services and facility management. As one of the largest service sectors, business services contribute to 11% of EU GDP.
Business services are particularly important to European competitiveness as they are essential to manufacturing and other service sectors. They are also increasingly being used to enhance the value of products through new combinations of goods and services and play a central role in the ‘servitisation’ of the European economy.
There is significant untapped growth potential for business services in the EU today. While they currently face relatively low average productivity and persisting legal barriers, EU internal market legislation and policy actions aim at removing these obstacles and stimulating competitiveness in the sector.
There are two EU Directives that support the business services sector in particular:
- The Services Directive allows business service providers to more easily establish in another EU country or provide services across borders. This Directive covers a large number of business services but there are exceptions such as private security services, temporary work agency services and notarial services.
- The Professional Qualifications Directive facilitates the recognition of professional qualifications for those wishing to work in another EU country. This Directive covers regulated professions that largely offer their services to businesses such as accountants, lawyers, consultants and engineers.
High Level Group on Business Services
To analyse the untapped potential of this important sector and provide a new impetus to policy development, the European Commission set up a High Level Group on Business Services. This initiative was announced in two flagship communications: An Integrated Industrial Policy for the Globalisation Era and A Single Market Act I .
#small business grants
SBA does NOT provide grants for starting and expanding a business.
Government grants are funded by your tax dollars and, therefore, require very stringent compliance and reporting measures to ensure the money is well spent. As you can imagine, grants are not given away indiscriminately.
Grants from the Federal government are authorized and appropriated through bills passed by Congress and signed by the President. The grant authority varies widely among agencies. SBA has authority to make grants to non-profit and educational organizations in many of its counseling and training programs, but does not have authority to make grants to small businesses. The announcements for the counseling and training grants will appear on grants.gov. If Congress authorizes Specific Initiative Grants, organizations receiving such grants will receive individual notifications.
Some business grants are available through state and local programs, nonprofit organizations and other groups. For example, some states provide grants for expanding child care centers; creating energy efficient technology; and developing marketing campaigns for tourism. These grants are not necessarily free money, and usually require the recipient to match funds or combine the grant with other forms of financing such as a loan. The amount of the grant money available varies with each business and each grantor.
If you are not one of these specialized business, both federal and state government agencies provide financial assistance programs that help small business owners obtain loans and venture capital financing from commercial lenders.
Application Forms for Non-Construction Grants
Application Forms for Construction Grants
The importance of ethics in business – Ethical business practices – Cadbury Schweppes #internet #home #business
#ethics in business
Ethical business practices
A Cadbury Schweppes case study
Page 1: The importance of ethics in business
Ethics concern an individual’s moral judgements about right and wrong. Decisions taken within an organisation may be made by individuals or groups, but whoever makes them will be influenced by the culture of the company. The decision to behave ethically is a moral one; employees must decide what they think is the right course of action. This may involve rejecting the route that would lead to the biggest short-term profit.
Ethical behaviour and corporate social responsibility can bring significant benefits to a business. For example, they may:
- attract customers to the firm’s products, thereby boosting sales and profits
- make employees want to stay with the business, reduce labour turnover and therefore increase productivity
- attract more employees wanting to work for the business, reduce recruitment costs and enable the company to get the most talented employees
- attract investors and keep the company’s share price high, thereby protecting the business from takeover.
Unethical behaviour or a lack of corporate social responsibility, by comparison, may damage a firm’s reputation and make it less appealing to stakeholders. Profits could fall as a result.
Along with good corporate governance, ethical behaviour is an integral part of everything that Cadbury Schweppes does. Treating stakeholders fairly is seen as an essential part of the company’s success, as described here: ‘A creative and well managed corporate and social responsibility programme is in the best interests of all our stakeholders – not just our consumers – but also our shareowners, employees, customers, suppliers and other business partners who work together with us. *’
Ensuring that employees understand the company’s corporate values is achieved by the statement of ‘Our Business Principles’ which makes clear the behaviour it seeks from employees.
Cadbury Schweppes’ good practice was recognised when it was voted one of the ‘most admired companies for community and environmental responsibility’ by Management Today magazine in 2003. It was also ranked second in the Food and Drink sector in the Business in the Community ‘Per Cent Club’ Index of corporate giving for 2003, with an investment in the community of around 3of its UK pre tax profits.
* Cadbury Schweppes Corporate and Social Responsibility Report 2002
Cadbury Schweppes | Ethical business practices
Business report writing example
GO TO PAGE
Business English Writing Resources – ESL at
Sample Formal Business Report. Purpose: The purpose of this document is to present a 5-year operational plan for the container leasing of company ABC.
GO TO PAGE
Business Report Examples | AcademicHelp.net
27.07.2009 Video embedded This video lecture explains how to put a report together as an assignment, and focuses on the elements which are required in a good report.
GO TO PAGE
Report writing – Monash University
This business writing guide will be useful to business A formal business letter is preferred when presenting Example: This report summarizes the results of
GO TO PAGE
Business Report Example – YouTube
Using our custom report writing service, Have No Time for Report Writing? Looking for Business Report Template? Get A Price. Type of paper:
Writing informal reports – Elon University
7 Sample Business Development Plan Templates to make your Business Successful! Daily Report Template Business Report Example. Download. Business Report …
Writing a Business Report: Structure Examples –
Many people in business do not have the proper writing skills to convey their expertise and ideas in written form with accuracy. Read our business writing samples to
GO TO PAGE
Report Writing | Tutorvista.com
Professional report writing services at your disposal: 100% plagiarism free, high quality results by the deadline.
GO TO PAGE
Business and Report Writing Introduction | Learning
27.09.2011 Business Report Example. A business report, which is also known as a formal report, is a data compilation, a short account, or a plan, or even summarized
GO TO PAGE
Business Report Template, Business Report | Free
A Guide to Business Report Writing. What is Report Writing? The purpose of a report is to inform someone about a particular subject. Reports are made up of facts and
GO TO PAGE
Free Business Report Example and Sample | Essay Lib
The writing of the report is similar, but uses headings and is more research based. Samples of Report Writing; Examples of Writing Business Reports;
GO TO PAGE
What are some simple examples of report writing
Short Report Example | Short Report Sample: Business Letter Writing | Courtesy and Consideration C ourtesy in letter writing is like the ‘cure all medicine’,
GO TO PAGE
Business Writing Examples | AcademicHelp.net
29.11.2012 How To Write Effective Business Reports – Business Report Writing Service 1. Business Reports Types Preparation Organization presentation 1 Mailing
GO TO PAGE
How to Write a Business Report (with Pictures) – wikiHow
Key Resources for Project Managers Report Writing In the donor? • different? • before I begin writing? • that will help improve the language, style
GO TO PAGE
Business Report Example Free Essays – StudyMode
Business Report Example Essays and Research Papers Format for a Business Report There are few standard rules for writing business reports that
GO TO PAGE
Business Writing – Definition and Examples
Report writing. There are many different types of reports – scientific lab reports, business reports, systems analysis reports, management case study reports
Degree programs are the most affordable and flexible option for earning your music degree from Berklee College of Music. They are the best option for students who want a music education degree and the full Berklee experience.
Sharpen your knowledge of the skills, concepts, and methodologies needed to succeed in the ever-evolving music business, including music publishing, management, marketing, touring, and more. The program will detail the most pressing issues facing the music industry today, and properly prepare students for the opportunities that are available in the new music business.
“Build your own” music major by selecting coursework from a number of disciplines that align with your personal career goals.
This major is geared specifically for new and entering students who are not yet ready to declare their major.
Degree Path Certificates
What is a Degree Path Certificate?
Unlike our traditional multi-course certificate programs, all credits earned in a degree path certificate transfer directly into the certificate’s correlating degree major.
Students who successfully complete a degree path certificate with a 2.7 GPA or higher are provisionally accepted into the certificate’s correlating degree major in the online Bachelor of Professional Studies program, pending the student’s completion of a degree application and application review by Berklee Online’s Dean of Continuing Education.
Can I enroll in a Degree Path Certificate even if I am not interested in pursuing an online degree?
Yes. All students are eligible to enroll in a degree path certificate, regardless of whether or not they plan to continue into a degree program upon completion of the certificate.
Who are Degree Path Certificates best suited for?
Degree path certificates are best suited for students who aren’t yet ready to pursue a robust online degree program, but who would like to begin completing credits that will transfer into Berklee Online’s degree program in the future.
Do I need to complete an application before I can enroll in a Degree Path Certificate?
No, there is no admissions process to enroll in a degree path certificate. Students who wish to enroll in a degree path certificate should simply navigate to the certificate they would like to register for and click “Enroll in this Certificate” to get started.
Note: If you are preparing to enter the online Bachelor of Professional Studies degree program after completing a degree path certificate, you will be required to fill out an online degree application.
Can I receive federal financial aid for a Degree Path Certificate?
No, federal financial aid is not available for certificate programs.
I just completed a Degree Path Certificate and am interested in pursuing an online Bachelor of Professional Studies degree at Berklee Online. What do I do next?
Berklee Online is Berklee College of Music’s online extension school. With world renowned faculty and unparalleled networking opportunities, Berklee Online brings the best of Berklee to students around the world.
#better business bureau
The Better Business Bureau says Trump University only received top ratings because it had already begun winding down, and there was little for anyone to complain about — though Donald Trump s campaign begs to differ. | AP Photo
Better Business Bureau fires back at Trump
03/08/16 12:29 PM EST
The Better Business Bureau fired back Tuesday at Donald Trump’s numerous claims surrounding its ratings for his defunct Trump University business venture, issuing a point-by-point breakdown seeking to set the record straight. For one, it said, the business does not currently hold an A rating with the agency.
In its joint statement, the Council of Better Business Bureaus and the local BBB that represents metropolitan New York, referred to the institution as Trump University rather than its later moniker, Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, noting that it has not had a rating since September 2015. The rating for the venture fluctuated between D- and A+ over the course of the last several years.
Pointing to its reporting and rating retention period of three years, the agency noted that Trump University’s rating was as low as D- in 2010, as well as the fact that as Trump U wound down operations in 2013, it received no additional complaints.
Complaints over three years old automatically rolled off of the Business Review, according to BBB policy, the statement continued. As a result, over time, Trump University’s BBB rating went to an A in July 2014 and then to an A+ in January 2015.
In other words, Trump University only received top ratings because it had already begun winding down, and there was little for anyone to complain about — though the Trump campaign begs to differ.
They gave the program a rating and they admit that the rating was an A+, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks told POLITICO in an email. Any lower ratings were given prior to the submission of documentation and other applicable paperwork. Once submitted, the program was awarded an even higher rating than previously shared.
As it had asserted last week. BBB also disputed Trump’s claim that the agency faxed a copy of Trump University ratings during last Thursday’s debate in Detroit. It also shot down the document Trump posted following the debate on social media, which it said was not a current document.
It appeared to be part of a Business Review from 2014, the agency said in its statement.
BBB also said it has never accredited Trump University.
The agency’s statement comes amid two separate lawsuits against the organization, in New York and California.
A federal appeals court on March 1 declined to toss out one of those lawsuits, a $40 million fraud case against Trump brought by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
“We look forward to demonstrating in a court of law that Donald Trump and his sham for-profit college defrauded more than 5,000 consumers out of millions of dollars,” Schneiderman said in a statement.
Trump has downplayed the lawsuit, saying it was peanuts and insisting he could easily have settled it, but didn’t want to set a precedent.
He’s also accused Schneiderman of doing the bidding of his campaign donors, a charge the attorney general has called false.
“This is a case about fraud. If you’re talking about someone who you’re looking at to be president, I think the issue of credibility is very important,” Schneiderman said on CNN last week. ”If you tell people we’re going to teach you Donald Trump secrets, and he’s never had any part of writing the curriculum — that’s fraud.
#bad credit business loans
Bad Credit Business Loans
Grow Your Business Even with Poor Credit
A poor credit history severely limits your chances of securing a conventional bank business loan. Banks usually deem a business with bad credit history too much of a risk. Even if you somehow manage to convince them of the viability and growth potential of your business, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to acquire funds through traditional means. But, there are still non-traditional lenders who might be willing to offer their assistance. The truth is that bad credit business loans can be found, but the question you must ask yourself is if it is right for your business.
Business Funding Solutions for Businesses with Bad Credit
It is true that bad credit can discourage a traditional lender, but there is still hope for securing financing for your business. Boost Capital offers small business loans that do not carry the burden of a perfect credit history requirement. Your total monthly gross sales and ability to generate revenue plays a more significant role in your approval for funding than your credit score.
A small business loan from Boost Capital could be the answer you have been looking for. This business financing solution has huge advantages for small business owners.
- Funds are available to you even with poor/bad credit history
- No need for business plans or extensive financial records
- Repayment is dependent on your total monthly gross sales
- Use these funds however you see fit for your business
An important feature of a small business loan is that it does not show up on your credit report as a loan from the bank would. This means that you are free to pursue other financing opportunities.
Put aside your worries about bad credit. Business loans from the bank are not your only option. The flexibility of a small business loan from Boost Capital could be exactly the business financing solution you have been searching for.
For more information on bad credit business loans, click here or call 0800 138 9080 today!
Need a Business Loan?
Customize this business report template for free after downloading into computer to compose spotless business reports with professional look. Business report is a document normally used to communicate details, data and information about the business to a definite audience. Business report is a professional way to send and receive information about various business operation, procedures and functions. These are used for both internal and external communication. Some business reports might present the actual solution to solve a particular business problem whereas other reports might display business information that is used toward future business planning. Business report writing is used for wide variety of topics and purposes. Sales report, progress report, attendance report and performance reports are some major types of business reports that we daily write and use in business life. Business report should be formatted using a proper format just as business report template.
Free Business Report Templates:
Writing a business report can be an unpleasant task for those who are totally unaware about its writing. However use of a proper format can make process of report writing easier for everyone. Whether you want to share confidential information about your business with another department of the business or want to communicate business policies, writing a business report is a best way to do so in professional manner. Most of companies and businesses are using their own formats for business report writing. Internet is considered as a best platform where you can get suitable business report templates for free to write efficient business reports for your business establishment or company. Wide range of online business report templates and formats is also available on web which means you can write business reports online easily. Scroll down the page and hit download button appeared below to own a free business report template that you can use for several times.
Download Business Report Template:
- Monthly Report Templates Business Excel and Word Reports Below is a monthly report template which is formatted in Microsoft word program and you can download it free of cost. Report writing is a safest and most effective way to communicate business related details and information with other business entities and professional persons. Monthly reports are documents prepared by.
- School Report Template Write spotless school reports shortly by means of this school report template which is given below the content. Report is a document normally used to communicate useful details and information about something like a subject, event, department or performance etc. School report is a similar document used by school management.
- Business Analysis Report Template Hit below appeared download button and save a copy of business analysis report template free of cost. Business analysis is one of the most important business documents in which overall needs of business has been identified and solution to problems are determined in detailed manners. A business analysis report is.
- Financial Report Template Here we have an endless collection of templates and financial report template is also added for your reference. You can simply download it into computer by hitting below appeared download button. A vital business document that discloses an organization s financial status to management, investors and the government agencies is generally.
Latest Report Templates