Ovarian Cancer: Overview & Facts, immunotherapy ovarian cancer.#Immunotherapy #ovarian #cancer
Ovarian cancer happens when cells that are not normal grow in one or both of your ovaries, two small glands located on either side of your uterus.
- The Basics Epithelial ovarian cancer, which grows in the tissue covering the ovaries, is the most common type of ovarian cancer. It usually occurs in women who are past menopause.
- What Causes Ovarian Cancer? About 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be caused by gene mutations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.
- Potential Risk Factors Your genetics and age are some of the most common risk factors for ovarian cancer.
- Ovarian Cancer Prevention You can make personal choices that lower your risk of cancer and other diseases.
- Frequently Asked Questions Get answers to common questions about ovarian cancer.
- Glossary of Terms This guide can help you make sense of medical terms your doctor uses to describe your disease and treatment.
Today on WebMD
What are the symptoms?
Get to know the symptoms.
HPV is the top cause. Find out more.