North American Bancard – Tips for Giving the Best Business Gifts #business #clothing
Many business owners send greeting cards and corporate gifts to show gratitude to clients and business partners. These gifts are often useless and end up being thrown away or regifted. The purpose of the gift is to standout and remind the individual about you or your brand long after the holidays.
Here are eight tips, from Entrepreneur. to help you select a gift that will leave an impression:
1. Make it useful. Give people something they can use throughout the year. Desk calendars, pens, small flashlights and letter openers are great examples of items every business person could use.
2. Give your product. Skip the shopping and extra spending, and give your product as a gift. It allows you to show gratitude while promoting your business.
3. Make a donation. Create goodwill by making charitable donations in the names of your business partners. An added bonus is the tax writeoff.
4. Look for exchanges. Ask other businesses about exchanging products and services. This will reduce costs, result in better gifts and serve as a marketing tool. Some companies you may want to talk to include movie theaters, restaurants, coffee shops and entertainment venues.
5. Personalize it. Include your business name on the corporate gifts you give. There is nothing wrong with branding the items you give to your business partners.
6. Spread it around. Give a gift that employees can benefit from. They are often left out while the owners and managers get all the corporate gifts.
7. Keep it simple. While it can be tempting, it is best not to go overboard. Remember that gift giving is a marketing strategy and does not need to cost you a lot of money. Be sincere and tactful in your gift choices.
8. Keep it healthy. Everyone loves treats, but too many sweet snacks go around during the holidays. There is no need to add to the cookies and chocolates your business partners are already receiving. The fall from a sugar rush can negatively impact businesses. If you want to send something edible, make sure it’s healthy.
Gift giving during the holiday season is a great gesture for business partners. Be sure to be reasonable, choosing items that are useful, cost-effective and serve to market your business.