MA in Educational Technology #masters #degree #education #technology
MA in Learning Technologies
Malibu (Summer Term – Cadre Camp), West Los Angeles, Online Hybrid Program
The program prepares students to lead others, develop a network of colleagues, manage resources, make technological decisions, support organizational knowledge sharing, and secure product funding. Offering an online hybrid format, the program allows you to complete your degree while working full time from anywhere in the world, with only three face-to-face meetings. Course work is customized to integrate with your workplace practice, so you can put your learning into action. Curriculum is organized around three strands: Conceptual Tools, Design Learning, and Action Research. A cohort model offers students a supportive learning environment.
- Flexible online format/learning means you have more control over when and where you learn, and your place of work becomes your place of learning.
- Most learning activities are customized to fit your practice so project work is integrated with everyday activities in the workplace.
- You will attend CadreCamp©, a prerequisite, five-day, face-to-face session where you earn program credit for leadership and technology course work, as well as meet your cohort and faculty.
- Since learning is socially constructed, we encourage ongoing interaction with peers and faculty. You work in online learning circles, which creates a remarkably supportive online community, providing feedback from diverse perspectives.
- You’ll design an Action Research Project, planning, executing, and reflecting on improvements to your professional environment.
- At a technology conference, you’ll meet innovators of learning technologies and learn to evaluate learning theories in practice, as well as perfect your presentation and networking skills.
- You’ll present your work at a public conference and virtual venue, sharing your new knowledge and voice with colleagues and the world.
- Courses are designed to progress toward benchmarked outcomes, which help you periodically evaluate your growth.
- Students develop lasting friendships and professional networks that continue beyond graduation.
- Graduates go on to successful careers as technology coordinators, training educators, consultants, and collegiate staff, becoming the innovative leaders who shape 21st-century learning skills in a range of settings.