How to get clients for call centre?
There are three ways of getting business for call centres.
1. Through contacts who are highly placed in certain companies
2. Websites that provide B2B commerce facilities
3. Trying to reach some of the businesses in the semi organized and unorganized sector through your contacts with a solid business case.
In my view, if you have limited capital and contacts, 3rd one is the best bet. The reason being, you will be tapping a market that doesn t have real competition and yet has a potential.
First of all, let me suggest some possible areas where you can try getting some business. And then I can speak about how you can start your operations.
The prime reasons why most unorganized businesses like local travel agents, hotels, schools colleges, super markets, electronics showrooms, etc. don t have call center facility are:
– No proactive marketing efforts
– Lack of IT infrastructure (custom software)
– Fear of high capital etc.
These are the places where you can pitch in with a comprehensive strategy of addressing these with a cheap software that creates a database of customers and the services accessed, a reasonable marketing plan with low budget and expected value.
This kind of an approach will help the potential customer to understand the value of call center and will also see value in dealing with you as you are proactively helping him improve his business.
To overcome some of the potential capital problems of having a call center directly, you can try outsourcing the job to another already operational call center.
I know that this is a very difficult method. But, if you don t have contacts in good positions, this is your only logical bet to start off in the Call center business.
And I will always suggest thinking of other possible business opportunities that are feasible with your capital budget and contacts before you take up this kind of a risky and difficult way of doing business.
Hope this helps you.
Gas Heater Repair
When Your Gas Heater Breaks Down, Call Horizon For Fast, Reliable Service!
Big Savings Below With Our
Heating Service Call Coupon!
Horizon Services is the company you can count on for the best gas heater repair services in the tri-state area. If your gas heater tries to hibernate this winter, call us. Our technicians will get it back to proper working order in no time. When the frost starts to set in and your gas heater needs a repair, you can count on Horizon Services to be there for you.
We have the experience to perform gas heater repair services on a variety of different make and model heating systems. We can even repair older systems that other heating repair companies would consider outdated. A lot of companies would just try to up sell you to get your gas heater system replaced if they thought it was too old to repair. The technicians at Horizon Services have the experience and the knowledge of gas heaters necessary to repair virtually any type of system. That is due to the fact that we require our technicians to complete at least 150 hours of training annually, which ensures that they stay current on the newest techniques and equipment in the industry. This training is completed in our very own N.A.T.E. certified training facility, which is located on our compound. We are the gas heater repair company that feels as though keeping our technicians educated is the best way to provide our customers with top quality service.
Gas Heater Repair Services from Horizon Services
Is a busy schedule keeping you from making an appointment for a gas heater repair? No Sweat. Horizon Services offers extended service hours. You can schedule an appointment as late as 11 P.M. Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. We make it a point to be available when it is convenient for you. Plan to have one of our world class technicians come to your home and perform a gas heater repair when it fits in your schedule and allow us to make your life a little less frantic. No more having a cold house because you don’t have time in between a hectic line of meetings or taking the kids to soccer practice. Horizon Services is here to make things easy for you.
We pride ourselves on being able to quickly respond to our customers needs for gas heating repair. In fact, 99.67% of the gas heater repair services that we complete are scheduled the same day our customers call us. Horizon Services is eager to introduce you to the “Horizon Difference”, which is built on a foundation of outstanding customer service and satisfaction. We can repair your gas heating system as soon as possible. After all, we know how cold winters can get and if our customers don’t have a warm and comfortable home because their gas heating system isn’t working properly, we want to help them so that they don’t have to endure this type of inconvenience for long.
Horizon Services’ gas heater repair services have helped our customers in Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Gloucester and Camden County New Jersey and Maryland fight off the cold and keep their homes warm. We are the gas heater repair company that has built itself on a foundation of reliability, affordability and superior customer service. For more information on our gas heater repair services, contact us today!
Our List of Heating Repair and Maintenance Services Includes:
We Fix and Repair All Heating Systems; All Makes and Models:
Experience The Horizon Difference:
- Same Day Service/Flexible Scheduling: We will schedule service on a day and time convenient for you. We complete 99.67% of all heating repair service calls the same day.
- On Time, Every Time: We will be at your home when we promise. If we are even 1 minute late, your service call is 100% FREE.
- Extended Service Hours: Most companies close up and go home at 5 PM. We have found that 43% of our heating customers experience a heating repair problem after 5 PM. To help you, we have extended our service hours. Heating appointments are available until 11 PM to fit your schedule. And we work weekends. We also have experienced call-takers on duty till 11 PM Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Managers are on call after 11 PM for emergencies.
- Worry-Free Pricing: We charge by the job, not by the hour and we’ll tell you the price before we begin the heating repair work.
- Ironclad Guarantee: We guarantee our heating repairs for 2 full years…NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
- Respect for You, Your Home and Property: Our heating repair technicians wear shoe covers, put down drop cloths and will always treat your home as if it were their own.
- Clean Uniforms: Our heating repair technicians take the same pride in the way they look as they do in how they complete the work in your home.
- Your Security and Peace of Mind: Our heating repair technicians wear I.D. badges, are background checked and drug tested for safety and protection.
- Training: All of our heating repair technicians have years of experience in the business. Every Horizon heating professional is required to attend weekly training sessions of 150 hours each year to keep up-to-date on new equipment, repair and installation techniques. Training is held in our state-of-the-art center and conducted by our own full-time N.A.T.E. Certified trainer.
- Fully-Stocked Trucks: Your heating repair technician will arrive fully loaded with all the tools, parts and equipment he needs to repair your heating system right. No time is wasted going back to the shop or to the hardware store.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction: If you are not 100% satisfied with your heating repair service, we’ll do whatever it takes to make it right.
Horizon Services: We’re so confident you’ll be pleased with our fast, friendly and professional heating repair services, you’ll become a customer for life!
Call Us with Your Gas Heater Repair and Maintenance Questions or To Schedule a Service Call!
For Fast, Friendly Service – 24 Hours a Day/7 Days a Week:
Need To Upgrade/Replace Your Old Heater/Furnace?
Horizon Services also sells and installs state-of-the-art heating systems from some of the biggest names in the business! Call us for a FREEIn-Home Energy Analysis and one of our knowledgeable home comfort specialists can set you up with a more efficient heating system that will keep your home more comfortable and save you money on your utility bills.
Easy Payment Methods for All Gas Heater Repair and Maintenance Services:
- We accept credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Senior Citizen discount available
- Learn About Our Service Partner Plan!
Horizon Services: The only full-service plumbing. heating. air conditioning. geothermal. drain cleaning and sewer and water line replacement company in Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Gloucester and Camden County New Jersey and Maryland that guarantees on-time service, up-front pricing and the job done right andclean the first time!
Horizon Supports Local Sports Teams
Horizon Services is a Proud Partner of the Wilmington Blue Rocks, Philadelphia Union and the Trenton Thunder.
More About Horizon and
Local Sports Teams
Best Checking Accounts For Small Business
About the Competition
PolyCello employees inspecting equipment and product quality in the company’s blown film extrusion lines
Now entering its 4 th year, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers is an editorial competition that recognizes the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that offer the nation’s best workplaces and forward-thinking human resources policies. Canada’s SME sector is tremendously important to the nation and is responsible for:
- over half of the nation’s gross domestic product;
- almost 90% of the private-sector labour force; and
- over three-quarters of the new jobs created in the past decade.
Our 2016 winners were announced in a special magazine published in The Globe and Mail on March 29, 2016. Read the press release issued the same day, announcing this year’s winners.
Employers are evaluated by the editors of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers using the same eight criteria as our national competition :
- (1) Physical Workplace;
- (2) Work Atmosphere & Social;
- (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits;
- (4) Vacation & Time Off;
- (5) Employee Communications;
- (6) Performance Management;
- (7) Training & Skills Development; and
- (8) Community Involvement.
To determine eligibility, the Top 100 editors adopted the SME definition used by Statistics Canada, limiting the competition to private-sector commercial organizations with under 500 employees.
Fusion Learning employees looked back to the past for fashion inspiration during the summer conference
The Globe and Mail is our editorial partner on the Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers competition. Each year, the competition winners are announced in a special magazine published nationally in The Globe and Mail. Our editors’ detailed reasons for selection are published on our job search engine, Eluta.ca click an employer’s name below to read why each of this year’s winners was chosen. Publishing detailed Reasons for Selection is an important feature of our competition: it provides transparency in the selection of winners and “raises the bar” so that other employers can discover and adopt initiatives that work well at other SMEs.
To be considered a “Small or Medium Enterprise”, your company must: (a) have less than 500 employees worldwide, including employees at any affiliated companies; and (b) be a commercial, for-profit enterprise, i.e. non-profit organizations don’t meet the definition.
Applications for our 2017 competition will be available early in 2016. Our 2017 winners will be announced in a special magazine in The Globe and Mail early in 2017. To receive an application for next year’s competition, employers should join our mailing list:
To learn more about the competition, we invite you to join us at the Top Employer Summit. our annual editorial conference on the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project. This event lets you discover the latest best practices from winners, meet competition organizers and editors, and hear inspiring stories from world-class speakers – all presented in a commercial-free format. The conference is Canada’s largest annual event for senior-level HR professionals.
Scalar Decisions employees at the company’s 10th anniversary party
The Little Engines of Growth
There are big differences working for Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
Jason Leung knows the difference between working for a big corporation and for a Small and Medium Employer. Really, it gets down to that little word “big”.
Leung used to work in sales, based in Vancouver, for one of the world’s largest soft-drink companies. Now he works in a smaller city for a much smaller company that makes food for small and medium sized friendly creatures.
Petcurean Pet Nutrition, which produces premium pet food in Chilliwack, B.C. is a fast growing company in a fast growing category. It has operations in many of the same countries around the world that the soft-drink company does. But it still has only 64 global employees.
Talk to Leung, who is now an Export Manager, about the workplace culture. “At my old company, it was almost a competition among employees about who was working the longest, who was working the hardest, who was doing the most out there. It was just show off, show off, show off. But here they really promote work-life balance. It feels like family.”
Then there is the challenge of getting something done. “Here, no door is closed, no one says, that’s not my department, don’t talk to me,” says Leung. “At my old company, I’d see it all the time. You’ve got to go through the ranks, talk to your senior manager, the senior manager talks to another person who talks to the person you really need. Here, I just walk into the general manager’s office myself.”
Millions of Canadians share Leung’s kind of workplace environment, although their company may not have made the list of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers. Some 90 per cent of the private-sector labour force is employed by a SME (commonly pronounced Smee, like Captain Hook’s sidekick). SMEs are credited with creating over 75 per cent of new jobs in Canada in the past decade.
And this little engine of growth often works on quite different principles from the big locomotives. Leung’s account of the contrasts he found between a soft-drink giant and a pet food SME is echoed 3,200 kilometres away in a tech company in the Waterloo region. “Generally people who come to us from large organizations are very familiar with structure and going through channels,” says Dan Latendre, Founder and CEO of Igloo Software, which employs just over 90 people in Kitchener, Ont. “Whereas here, we’re all about agility and innovation if that’s a great idea, why aren’t we acting on it?”
Latendre believes in a “flat”, non-hierarchical style of organization that can be surprising to people who come from big companies. “They’re very aware of chain of command,” he says. “Here it’s, hey, we’ve formed a project team, let’s get this project done. You may have me, as CEO, in the project along with other people. But we all work for the project manager, and we all have tasks to get done. Which kind of blows people’s minds, that they’re working directly with the CEO.”
To some people, notes Richard Yerema, Managing Editor for Mediacorp Canada, which compiled the SME list, working for a small company means trade-offs a more family style atmosphere and more agility, perhaps, but fewer benefits than at a big outfit. But the 100 companies on this 2016 SME list are proof that sometimes you can have it all. Benefits are often competitive with those of much larger firms.
Take Petcurean. Its Human Resources Manager, Cari McClelland, joined a year ago and found a benefit plan that included prescription drugs, a maternity leave top-up, long-term disability and, after staff asked for it, vision care.
“For a company our size to carry that extensive a benefit package is not the norm,” says McClelland, an experienced HR professional. “I’ve been amazed at the willingness of our leadership to say, ‘let’s look at it if we can do it, we’ll do it’.”
Yet many such benefits are becoming the norm at Canada’s Top SMEs. Yerema says that nearly half of the employers on this year’s list provide some form of maternity leave top-up the additional payment that brings a new mother’s Employment Insurance benefit closer to her original salary for a certain number of weeks. “That is quite an accomplishment,” says Yerema. “Ten years ago, even many large companies weren’t offering it.”
At Igloo, too, Latendre offers benefits that his staff say are equivalent to those of large tech companies they’ve worked at, such as BlackBerry. They also get stock options, offering the promise that the company’s success will benefit every employee.
And that may be another part of the attraction of the Small and Medium Employer. Along with the friendly atmosphere, the quick decision-making and the pot-luck get-togethers, there’s the idea that this small upstart might one day become the most successful software company or pet food company in the world. “SMEs capture the imagination for a lot of people,” notes Yerema. “What would it have been like to be the fifth person hired at Google?”
By Berton Woodward
From the official announcement magazine for Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, published on March 29, 2016 in The Globe and Mail.
#small business idea
40 Small Business Ideas with low investment
Business Ideas – Today we find several young dynamic individuals who are aspire to start small business and they are always looking for business ideas with low investment. In order to help them we are herewith 40 small business ideas with low investment. If you are doing job and looking for part time opportunity to make more money you may go through our one of the most visited article best business ideas for making more money .
1. Personalized Custom made Gift Store – Today we find demand of personalized custom made gift is increasing you may think of starting your own gift store providing this type of gifts.
2. Gym or Fitness center – In today’s world everyone is bother about fitness, so starting small gym or fitness center in good area will always rock.
3. Event Organizer – Starting small company which organize event could be good idea but here you may need special expertise and manpower for the same.
4.Interior Designer – Everyone today want services from interior decorator, so starting interior designer business could be best deal but remember here you may need special skills.
5. Small Grocery Shop Starting small grocery shop is another good idea here you do not require any special skill and you may start from small shop and gradually expand as per need.
6. Match Making or Wedding planner – It is said that marriages are made in haven but celebrated on earth So in order to celebrate/enjoy marriage many people today go for wedding planner. In today’s scenario match making or wedding planner is good business option to start with.
7. Tuition Class Education is essential today hence business of education will never stop. Starting Tuition class is good idea to start with.
8. Mobile Shop – Today everyone use mobile and looking at need mobile demand is ever increasing hence starting small mobile shop is good Investment idea.
9. Ice-cream Parlor Starting ice cream parlor is another good business idea to start with.
10. Xerox Book Binding – Many college area and school area don’t have this facility and could be good potential business in that area.
11. Mobile Food Shop – Today we are living in mobile generation starting mobile food shop is very good business idea.
12. Jewelry maker With increasing gold price demand of jewelry is ever increasing doing course of jewelry making and starting something in that line could be good option.
13. Insurance Consultant Starting small insurance consultancy or taking insurance agency is another good business idea.
14. Freelancer – If you are good at programming there are multiple websites available which can give you freelancing work and you will be paid for the same.
15. Book Store – Book lover always purchase multiple books making idea of starting book store attractive.
16. Catering service – For marriage and party people always look for good catering service if you are good at providing good food and catering service this could be another good business idea.
17. Computer Trainer If you are good at providing computer training this could be good business idea as knowing computer is must in today’s world.
18. Yoga Center – In today’s stressful life many people prefer to go for Yoga. so starting yoga center will be good business option.
19. Baby Sitting Services – This business idea is specifically for woman who want to start some home based business. Many working couple may be in need to service like this.
20. Real Estate Consultant – Real estate is ever growing business so starting consultancy for providing guidance about real estate and buy, sell and rent option is good business option.
21. Game Parlor Todays generation likes play station game station very much hence starting game parlor with certain unique game is best business idea.
22. Photographer – If you are good at photography you can start photography business with low cost investment.
23. Motivational Speaker If you have skill you can become motivational speaker and turn this in to good business opportunity.
24. Travel Agency – Starting travel agency is good business opportunity with low investment.
25. Computer Shop – If you have IT related knowledge than starting computer shop for sealing IT related item or computer is good business opportunity.
26. Relaxation Center In today’s stressful life relaxation is must and people always look for option of recreation center or relaxation center hence starting relaxation center is good business option.
27. Courier Company You can do tie-up with existing Courier Company and start small business or maybe you can opt to start your own courier company.
28. Resale Auto Dealer – Many people has requirement of sealing old car or bike you may opt to become good auto dealer.
29. Recruitment Firm – Today job is prime requirement for anyone and people usually opt for recruitment firm to get good job. Starting recruitment firm could be good business option for you.
30. Security or Spy Agency – With growing security need you can start your own security agency another good option is to work as spy.
31. Advertisement Agency – Starting Advertisement agency is one of the ever green business opportunity which can earn you big money.
32. Web Designing hosting- If you have knowledge about various IT tools and programming language you can opt for career as web designer firm.
33. Starting online Blog If you are good at content generation and had good knowledge about any field you can start your online blog and earn good money.
34. Antique Article Shop Today many people believe that keeping antique statues and article at home is fashion symbol, so Opening Antique article shop is good business option as
35. Fast Food Parlor – Today’s generation mostly eat fast food, starting fast food parlor could be another business option.
36. Data Entry services – Many companies today earn money by doing data entry work you may start providing service like this.
37. Resume Writer – If you are good at designing resume and had deep knowledge you can become resume writer.
38. SEO Consultant – Search Engine optimization consultant is required by mostly all websites. If you can build up capability you can become good SEO consultant.
39. Dairy Sweet Parlor – You can think of starting small dairy parlor in your area serving need of dairy products and sweets.
40. Packers Movers – You can think of starting business of packing and forwarding which can turn in to good business opportunity.
Readers, what is your opinion about these investment ideas with small investment? Do share your feedback in comment section.
40 Small Business Ideas with low investment
#business development plan
How to Create a Business Development Strategy
The Business Development Strategy is used to underpin your main Business Plan and essentially it sets out a standard approach for developing new opportunities, either from within existing accounts or by proactively targeting brand new potential accounts and then working to close them.
This document highlights the key issues you should consider prior to compiling your own plan and will hopefully guide you logically through a proven framework.
The key word is Strategy. because you are creating a workable and achievable set of objectives in order to exceed your annual target.
Your Starting Point :
The key words are Who? What? Where? When? Which? Why? How?
Who are you going to target?
What do you want to sell them?
Where are they located?
When will you approach them?
Which are the appropriate target personnel?
Why would they want to meet with you?
How will you reach them?
If you have conducted regular account reviews with your key accounts during the previous twelve months, you should be aware of any new opportunities that will surface during the next twelve months. You will also, when assessing what percentage of your annual target usually comes from existing accounts, need to review data over the last two or three years. (It is likely that you can apply Pareto i.e. 80% of your business will probably come from existing accounts and in fact 80% of your total revenue will come from just 20% of your customers/clients)
You will be left with a balance (i.e. 20% of my business next year will come from new opportunities) therefore you can then begin to allocate your selling time accordingly.
Next: Ideal Customer Profiling
#small business startup
Essential Small Business Financial Tools: Free Startup Budget Template and Guide
Creating a startup budget is one of the most important tasks a new business owner will undertake. A startup budget serves as a roadmap for the business. It can help you understand where the business is going and whether you’re on the right path. The cost of starting a company varies widely, so it is critical to create an accurate and realistic startup budget specifically tailored to your business.
There are many reasons to create a startup budget. The main reasons are to figure out how much money you have, how much you will spend, and how much revenue you will need to meet your business goals. A startup budget is usually a key component of your business plan and is useful when applying for a loan or pitching to investors. It explains how your business will spend its resources to reach its goals.
Business owners should always refer to their budget before making important business expenditures. This helps to make sure they can afford to spend the money. Decisions such as purchasing new machinery or whether to expand operations should only be made after checking to make sure it fits into your budget. You can adjust your budget as needed over time, but make sure to stick to those changes.
Determining a business startup costs is critical to ensure enough cash is available to begin business operations on time and within the allotted budget. A startup budget usually covers the period leading up to the commencement of operations. It should only include costs that are necessary to start the business. Use this budget to be on the lookout for areas where you can save money .
Startup costs typically fall within two categories: monthly costs and one-time costs.
Monthly costs cover expenses that are incurred each month on a recurring basis. such as employee salaries, lease payments and utilities. One-time costs are expenses that are incurred only once during the startup period. Examples of one-time costs include the purchase of a building, computer equipment and consultant fees.
This startup budget template can be downloaded and used for any type of business. It should be customized to include the specific cost items that apply to the company.
To fill out this spreadsheet, determine the number of months the startup period will cover. Next, enter the applicable costs into their respective cells. The total amounts will automatically populate based on the embedded formulas. Once completed, you will be able to view an itemized list of your business’ startup costs. An example startup budget is also included to help guide you through the process.
Starting a business can be difficult and overwhelming. By taking the time to create an accurate startup budget now, you can give your business the best chance of succeeding in the future.
#registering a business
Doing business in BC
Starting, Expanding, or Moving a Business?
Welcome to the OneStop Business Registry where you can do the most commonly required business registrations and transactions.
Information on starting a new business.
This is the first step in registering your business.Ready to register your business:
Incorporate your company
- Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Payroll deductions
- Import/export accounts
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST) for new businesses only
- WorkSafeBC – the Workers’ Compensation Board of B.C.
- Local Government Business Licences.
Incorporate your company and file other Business Corporations Act forms over the Internet.
Automatically notify many participating public agencies of your business address change.
Go here for specialized advice on growing your business.
A partnership made possible by:
Canada Revenue Agency
Western Economic Diversification